Airbus and the French Space Agency's "Satellite Positioning and Timing" Technical Skills Community (CNES COMET PDS) have the pleasure of inviting you to a conference on "Ionospheric effects on Satellite Positionning and Navigation" to be held on March 21st at Airbus Operations SAS premises in Blagnac, Jean Luc Lagardere factory Toulouse, France.
The ionosphere effects on signal transmission are one of the main source of error in GNSS positioning.
In order to better understand the ionosphere events and the GNSS users needs, Airbus and CNES PDS COMET are organizing a one day event on this subject.
The presentations will allow to better understand the ionosphere from a scientific point of view :
- - Ionosphere description and its modelization;
- - Space weather activities aiming at predicting the ionosphere behavior;
- - Impacts of scintillation events.
Some users impacted by the ionosphere are also invited to present their needs and perspectives:
- - Total for an oil and gaz actor point of view;
- - Airbus Group, covering all civil aerial navigation systems;
- - The French Army, represented by the Commandement Interarmée de l'Espace.
At the end of a day, a round table will be organized to allow the scientists and the users to exchange on the topics of the day.
To attend this event registration is free but mandatory.
To take part in this event, you must register.